GEOCISA’s main activity, civil works, so required, and the laboratory, with a considerable number of qualified analysts, fine-tuned the analysis techniques and methods necessary for completing the characterization of the building materials in compliance with the regulations in force.
Possessing more than 40 years of experience in the industry and highly-qualified professionals, the chemical laboratory conducts testing on:
- Cements: UNE-EN 196-2, UNE-EN 197-1, UNE-EN 197-2, RC-08, etc.
- Concrete: EHE-08
- Ashes: UNE-EN 450-1
- Aggregates: UNE-EN 1744-1, UNE-EN 146507 Part 1 and Part 2 (alkali-silica and alkali-carbonate reactivity, respectively)
- Limes, limestones, asphalt mixes, metals (steels) and minerals
For soil testing, the laboratory has been awarded the National Accreditation Agency ENAC accreditation adhering to UNE-EN –ISO 17025 (NO. LE/334) for conducting organic and inorganic tests:
- Metals by ICP-MS
- Organic compounds by gas chromatography with flame ionization detection (CG/FID): gasoline range organics, GRO and diesel range organics, DRO.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) by CG/MS
Characterization tests are additionally conducted for agricultural soils, garden soils, etc. as well as regarding all of the organic compounds included under Royal Decree 9/2005 by virtue of which the list of potentially soil-contaminating activities and the criteria and standards for the declaration of contaminated soils was set forth.